“Help! I have a Twitter account but I don’t know what to do with it!” is, hands down, the most popular comment I hear about social media, from colleagues, friends and even family members. That’s why I regularly offer an intensive workshop all about this micro-blogging platform. Participants learn to use it to follow news, to connect with influencers, to uncover business opportunities or to spread their nonprofit organization’s message.
The next Toronto Twitter Workshop will be held on February 19, 2016. Here’s what we cover:
- Optimizing your bio
- Learning Twitter etiquette: following, direct messages and more
- Finding influencers
- Protecting yourself against hackers and phishers
- Hashtag best practices
- Using dashboards like Hootsuite or TweetDeck
- Why you should use lists, and how to set them up
- The power of persistent searches
- How to schedule tweets while avoiding the hazards of over-automation
- Participating in Twitter chats and parties
- Benefiting from tools like Topicurious and ManageFlitter
- Curating tweets with Storify and Paper.li
- Live video streaming with Periscope and Blab
- What you need to know about Twitter advertising
- And more!
Each participant receives a workbook so learning can continue after the workshop is over.
Space is limited. I like to keep the group small.