As the fall IABC season begins, I’m happy to be the guest speaker at the September 8 meeting of the Professional Independent Communicators group of IABC/Toronto, talking about my favourite subject: podcasting. If you have ever thought of adding audio podcasts to your communications plan, or if you’re just curious about this thing called podcasting, please join us on Tuesday, September 8 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. We will cover:
- What a podcast is, and why podcasting is enjoying a resurgence
- How podcasting can become part of your marketing or communications program
- Why good sound separates you from the amateurs
- Why Google hates your podcast, and how to get around this limitation
- A quick podcasting workflow; how to get started.
I will share some of the things I have learned and the mistakes I’ve made. There will also be a draw for a copy of my new book, The Business of Podcasting, co-authored with Steve Lubetkin.
Please register in advance; you cannot pay at the door. More info and registration here.
You can listen to a sneak peek here. I hope to see you on September 8!