Have you been invited as a guest on a podcast or radio show? Before you sit down at the microphone, listen to these tips for giving good audio so that you’ll be invited back. At the same time, you’ll be making the most of the investment of your time. (After all, both you and the host should benefit, right?)
Here’s a preview of the tips:
- Prepare, but don’t expect precise questions in advance; jot down notes but don’t read them!
- Keep facts and figures at your fingertips
- Know your key messages
- Use metaphors; tell a story
- Slow down
- Keep it short; don’t pontificate; think of sound bites
- The whole time you’re talking, think of your audience
Please tune in to this 14-minute podcast and let me know what you think! You can download the MP3 file on the Trafcom News Podcast page. You’ll also find detailed shownotes there.